Mini Paleo Cinnamon Scrolls
As the cooler months draw nearer it is definitely time for some soul warming treats! And what says winter comfort more than cinnamon?! To make the most of this amazing spice we made these gluten, grain, yeast and dairy free cinnamon scrolls which are ready in about 30 minutes! They are gorgeously crunchy around the edges and soft and gooey in the centre. We'll forgive you for eating the whole lot at once!
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
1 tbs raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tbs coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of organic sea salt
4 medjool dates, finely chopped
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs almond butter
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1/4 cup coconut cream
2 tsp almond butter
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Combine all the ingredients for the dough until crumbly. Use your hands to form a ball of dough.
2. Place the dough in between two sheets of baking paper. Roll out a large rectangle about 5 mm thick using a rolling pin.
3. Remove the top sheet of baking paper and spread the almond butter roughly onto the dough. Sprinkle the remaining filling ingredients on top.
4. Using the bottom sheet of baking paper, gently roll the dough and press firmly. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the fridge and remove the baking paper. Cut the dough into about 8 equal slices.
6. Place each slice on its flat side and bake for about 10 minutes until golden.
7. Once cooled, mix the coconut cream and almond butter and drizzle over the scrolls. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and enjoy!
Makes about 8-9 scrolls