Raw Vanilla Caramel Swirl Bars
2 cups nuts (hazelnuts, pecan and almond are great)
1 tbs Coconut Magic Coconut Oil
1 tbs Loving Earth Coconut Nectar
1 tbs Loving Earth Raw Cacao
1 pinch sea salt
VANILLA CARAMEL FILLING
1 cup Cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
½ cup Full fat Coconut Cream
2 tbs Loving Earth Coconut Nectar
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
1 tbs Health Nut Foods Coconut Chia Almond Butter
½ cup Coconut Magic Coconut Oil
3 tbs Cacao Butter or extra Coconut Oil
¾ cup Loving Earth Raw Cacao
¼ cup Loving Earth Coconut Nectar
1 pinch sea salt
Crumbled G. Luxe Muesli Cacao Pops
1. Prepare a bread tin (or other similar shaped container) by lining it with baking paper, ensuring it comes up the tin or container by about 5 cm.
2. For the biscuit base, process the nuts until fine crumbs form. Add the coconut oil, cacao, salt and coconut nectar and process until the mixture begins to form doughy clumps.
3. Transfer the nut mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly, forming an even layer about 1 cm thick. Transfer to the freezer (still in the tin or container) while you make the filling.
4. For the filling, blend the cashews and coconut cream in a high speed blender or processor until smooth. Add 1 tbs of the coconut nectar and vanilla and process to incorporate. Set aside. For the caramel swirl, mix the remaining 1 tbs coconut nectar with the coconut chia almond butter in a small bowl until smooth. If the mixture becomes stiff, gently heat in the microwave or over a pot of boiling water until it becomes runny (be careful not to overheat).
5. Remove the base from the freezer together with the tin or container. Gently pour the cashew mixture over the base and smooth to even out.
6. Using a desert spoon gently nudge small spoonful’s of the almond butter mixture in and around the cashew layer. Using a toothpick, guide the nut butter around to form swirls inside the cashew layer.
7. Transfer to the freezer for at least 4 hours.
8. For the Chocolate Layer, gently melt the coconut oil (and cacao butter if using) in a metal or glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the coconut nectar and whisk until uniformly combined. Sift in the cacao and salt and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
9. Remove the bar mixture from the freezer and take out of the baking paper. Using a sharp knife (preferably heated under hot water), cut the frozen mixture into 8 even bars. Transfer the bars to a cooling rack with baking paper underneath.
10. Whilst the bars are still frozen cold, carefully pour the chocolate mixture over the them, ensuring that all sides are covered in it. As the chocolate hardens, crumble the Cacao Pops over to set them into the chocolate. If you run out of chocolate, collect the chocolate that has dripped onto the baking paper and use that to complete the layer.
11. Return the bars to the freezer for a further 30 minutes until the chocolate sets completely.
12. Before serving, leave to soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes (if you can wait that long!).
Makes 8 delicious bars!